YOUR ALPS! YOUR FUTURE! YOUR PROJECT!
Do you want to play an active role in shaping the Alpine Region?
Do you have good ideas that you would like to implement together with the EU?
Do you want to exchange ideas with young people from the entire Alpine Region?
Are you between 16 and 25 years old?
Join "PITCH YOUR PROJECT 2019" and submit your project idea by 31st October!
"PITCH YOUR PROJECT" is a competition for young people and young adults between 16 and 25 years. As experts of your living space, the Alpine Region, you are invited to submit your project ideas for a sustainable development of the Alpine Region individually or as a group.
Under the motto "shaping.future.together.", the EU Strategy for the Alpine Region (EUSALP) is looking for your ideas to make the Alpine Region fit for the future.
Present your ideas for a sustainable, modern and attractive life in the Alpine Region and win the implementation of your project!
We are looking for innovative ideas on the following topics:
1) Climate change and natural hazards
How can we address the challenges caused by climate change and natural risks?
2) History, identity and integration
How can we explore, develop and use the cultural characteristics of the Alpine Region?
3) Green economy
How can we combine economic growth, sustainable development and environmental protection?
4) Nature and environment
How can we protect and sustainably use the rich Alpine natural resources? How can we reduce waste, dispose of plastics in our daily life and take advantage of biodegradable materials
5) Mobility and energy
How can we reach the transition to sustainable alternatives?
In November 2019, a jury will select the top 5 projects from all submitted projects. The jury will base its selection on the criteria of relevance, feasibility and innovation potential. The five applicants or group applicants selected by the jury will have the opportunity to present their project in English in a five-minute pitch at the EUSALP Annual Forum 2019 in Milan, the main event of the EUSALP year. The audience will then vote directly on the five projects. The three best projects will receive prize money from the European Union for the further implementation of their projects:
- 5.000 Euro for the 1st prize
- 3.000 Euro for the 2nd prize
- 2.000 Euro for the 3rd prize
If you are not one of the lucky five nominees, there is no reason to be sad: the submitters of the 15 next-ranked projects will be given the chance to travel to Milan and participate at the Annual Forum. The European Commission, the Land Tirol and the Italian EUSALP Presidency will book an accommodation in Milan and, depending on the number of participants, organize collective transport or refund individual travel expenses. An exciting supporting programme awaits you in Milan.
PITCH YOUR PROJECT 2019 is financed and organized by the European Commission and the Land Tirol.
... to present your project idea to a broad audience of Alpine-enthusiastic experts and decision-makers,
... to exchange ideas on the Alpine Region with like-minded people in Milan,
... to win money for the implementation of your project idea,
... to get support for the implementation of your idea
... and thus, to shape the Alpine Region of the future!
SOUNDS GOOD? THEN APPLY BY 31st OCTOBER 2019!
A) CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION:
- Your project deals with one of the above-mentioned topics
- The project is ready for implementation
- You are between 16 and 25 years old and a citizen of one of the 7 Alpine countries: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia or Liechtenstein or have your residence in one of these states
- You apply as an individual or as a group with up to three group leaders
- Your application is submitted in writing and in English by 23:59 on 31st October 2019 in the form of a pdf file (max. 5 MB) with the reference number pitch-application to email@example.com
B) YOUR APPLICATION CONSISTS OF:
- Online application form
- Project proposal with the following contents:
Why are we launching this project? (Motivation)
What do we want to achieve with the project? (Objective)
Why is this project important for the Alpine Region? (Relevance)
What are the difficulties and opportunities in implementing the project?
Task plan, timetable, materials required, financial and human resources
- Curriculum vitae of the participant or group leader(s)
- Expert opinion from a project supporter (teacher, professor, youth group leader, institution, etc.)
C) EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION:
The following projects are not permitted:
- projects submitted by persons working for the European institutions or within the framework of EUSALP
- scientific theses and publications
- projects already financed by EU funds
- projects that have already received a prize awarded by a European institution
- projects submitted manually or by post, incompletely or in multiple parts
- projects not submitted in English.